What our soil analysis includes
- Qualitative assessment of soil, compost, compost tea and extract
- Total bacteria (including actinobacteria)
- Total fungi
- Total protozoa: flagellates, amoeba, ciliates
- Total nematodes: bacterial-, fungal-, root-feeders and predatory
- Short interpretation of the results
- Brief recommendations as needed
Price per sample: $75.00 + GST
** Soil analysis results will be sent via email. A physical copy can be mailed upon request **
Collecting Soil Samples
Please note the following:
- It is best to take soil samples in the fall or spring. Most soil organisms are dormant when soil temperature is less than 4° C.
- Ship samples overnight in the summer
- Please do not mail samples on a Friday. If possible, take the samples on the same day you send them.
- We only need a sample from the top 2.5 - 10 cm (1 - 4 inches) of soil.
- The volume of each sample depends on the size of the target area. Please include this information in the "Further Information" section below and Jo will get back to you as soon as as she can with recommendations.
- An apple corer or any tool that can pull out 2.5 cm (1 in) diameter of soil and can go down at least 7.5 cm (3 in) deep.
- Resealable sandwich bag
Detailed instructions for collecting and sending soil samples for analysis:
Label for soil samples:
Soil FoodWeb Analysis Request Form
Get in touch with RootShoot now to get a better understanding of the health of your soil.